All documents on this site are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat reader to view them.
Click the icon above to download
Adobe Acrobat Reader®
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT Formic ACID AND MiteGone®
Click each question to see the answer. Click the question again to close the answer.
- You suggest treating in April but could you be more specific in regards to daily temperatures that I should be looking for?
- How does Formic acid kill mites?
- Do I need to use menthol to treat for Tracheal mites if I use Formic acid and MiteGone®?
- Can the acid and MiteGone® be used in both the spring and the fall?
- Why don’t mites develop resistance to Formic acid (as they do to other miticides)?
- Can Formic acid and MiteGone® be used in conjunction with other Acaricide?
- When alternating the use of Formic acid and MiteGone® with another miticides, is it better to use Formic acid in the spring or the fall?
- Does Formic acid kill mites on the brood in capped cells or does it only kill mites on adult bees?
- Should I expect queen losses when treating with Formic Acid and MiteGone® Method?
- What is the efficacy of Formic acid compared to that of pesticides?
- When do I have to take the pads out of the hive? What happens if I don’t?
- Can I put the MiteGone® pads on top of the frames?
- Can I pre-fill pads in my honey house? Are prefilled pads available?
- I live in a subtropical or Tropical climate, when should I treat?
- Can I use MiteGone® in the fall/late summer instead of pesticides?
- I have a high infestation of mites and / or my mites are resistant to pesticides. What should I do?
- How do entrance and bottom “gadgets” affect the Formic Acid treatment with MiteGone® ?
- How do I treat my nuclei or hives of other sizes?
- Why should I use a cutting box and a knife to cut the pad? Why can’t I shear the pad?
- I have PIERCO plastic frames with no honey and / or foundation combs only.
MiteGone® Enterprises Int.
Web Page FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Jan. 2015 W-4
© Copyright 2009, MiteGone® Enterprises Int., All Rights Reserved.
Site Maintenance by FACT Computer Services Co.