All documents on this site are in PDF format. You must have Adobe Acrobat reader to view them.
Click the icon above to download
Adobe Acrobat Reader®
IN PREREGISTRATION MEETING EPA CONFIRMED: USE OF FORMIC ACID AND THE MiteGone®DISPENSER BY BEEKEEPERS IN HIS OWN HIVES IS LEGAL.
MiteGone® IS AVAILABLE IN THE USA
MiteGone® liquid dispenser and evaporator pads can be ordered directly from MiteGone® in ready-to-fill kits. They will be delivered to you via FedEx from our US distribution center usually within five days.
History of Formic Acid and MiteGone® in US (The whole story):
Cost of Treatment:
How to Use It
How to Order:
REGULATIONS AND POLICIES:
USE OF FORMIC ACID AND THE MiteGone® DISPENSER BY BEEKEEPER IN HIS OWN HIVES IS LEGAL.
BEEKEEPERS MUST BUY ACID AS A GENERAL SOLVENT.
- The MiteGone® dispenser and method is a dry liquid evaporator with a low and continuous evaporating rate that does not require specific registration for use in beehives. When it is sold, it does not contain formic acid. The beekeeper buys the formic acid locally and fills the ready-to-fill dry kits.
- The EPA ruling on the MiteGone® product and method reads: "It has been determined at the EPA that your product [MiteGone] is an application method of applying a pesticide. As such, it is neither a pesticide nor a device regulated by this agency. Thus, you are free to market it in this country [the USA] as long as you do not include formic acid with it.”
- Using formic acid by the beekeeper is similar to using Borax or Baking Soda to kill ants, or using sugar dust or soy flower in dusting methods to control Varroa; neither is registered as a pesticide. It is your decision to use acid and you are not subject to registration.
- The food regulatory agency is listing the available tolerance of formic acid in foods. Therefore using formic acid in beehives is legal; there are no laws, which you will be breaking using formic acid when treating your own hives.
- Based on the EPA ruling: “If the manufacturer or seller is aware of beekeepers using formic acid as a pesticide then that manufacturer is obligated to register the acid otherwise he will be subject of regulatory action.” They may refuse sale to beekeeper.
MiteGone® Enterprises Int.
Web page: Policies USA Jan.2015 – C-2
© Copyright 2009, MiteGone® Enterprises Int., All Rights Reserved.
Site Maintenance by FACT Computer Services Co.
Follow Mitegone on Social Media and learn something new every day. Use the share bar below to spread the word.
| | | | |